Happy New Year! Don't even start me on how quickly 2012 flew by. It went way too fast! But I did achieve quite a bit during the year - namely I had a beautiful baby boy, had my eldest baby start school & my middle baby start 3 year old kinder! Phew!
I'll admit it here & now that I kind of lost my list for 2012. Not that I lost it, because I could have found it here, I just kind of never looked at it! I guess getting pregnant(yippee!) & being sick for a fair chunk of it(boo!) probably had a bit to do with it! But let's see how I went anyway!
- Get organised - Well, I was somewhat organised. I guess I had to be with Pip starting school. I didn't want her to miss out on anything because I forgot/was slack. They even had late passes at school so we had to make sure she was there on time! So, success I guess. I still have to work on this though.
- Continue to de-clutter - We did a massive de-clutter this year! We had to! We cleared out the back room to make room for Heath. Whatever couldn't be re-homed within the house was out of here! I think overall we got rid of around 20 garbage bags full of stuff, maybe 5 or 6 that ended up in the rubbish & a gym set! This is another that will be ongoing - I already have 5 garbage bags sitting here waiting for the Diabetes peeps to collect them!
- Try a 'buy nothing new month' - Did not even attempt it! I thought about it but was never organised enough to do it! But I'm trying this again! I'm thinking of trying for Februaury.
- Be kinder - I wanted to be kinder to myself, my family & all those around me. I had my moments. Another keeper for 2013
- Be positive - I think I improved on this one! I still have to force myself to focus on the good rather than the bad but I think I've come a long way! And I'll be working on this again!
- Cook with brown rice instead of white - We tried it. The family didn't like it. In their words, 'it tastes like poo.' So, not that I know how they know what poo actually tastes like, this one dropped off fairly quickly!
- Maintain our veggie garden - We did ok for a bit there, then I got pregnant & sick & that was one of the things that dropped off. Pip & I did weed it a couple of times & we did manage a ripper of a tomato harvest but then it just fizzled out! It has been weeded & cleared though! Now it just needs some poo dug into it & we'll try that again this year.
- Make time to hang out with my friends - Um, didn't really happen. We hung out on the odd occasion but nothing different to the usual. Maybe we'll have more time now that I'm off work & a couple of them are on maternity leave too.
- Stop swearing - Ugh. Not proud to say that I failed here! Especially while labouring! But I'm determined to kick this foul habit & so far this year(Yes, we are only onto day 2, I know!) I've only sworn 4 times. Pretty good for me.
- Leave more comments on the blogs I love - I did! Yes, I did!
- Finish the granny square blanket I started for Piper - Um, this is on my Goals list for 2013 too.
- Finish Piper's room re-do - As above!
- Have more date nights with the Man of the House - Didn't really happen much. But this is another thing that will carry over!
Ok, so that was 2012! Not very successful in terms of those goals above but successful in others!
So for 2013, my Goals In No Particular Order are(drum roll please!):
- Get organised
- Continue to de-clutter
- Try a 'buy nothing new month' - I'm aiming for this to be February for us. We will only buy groceries new & if any school birthday parties pop up(can't really plan for those too much) & if there is a mega cheap sale on cloth nappies I'll have to buy some of those. Otherwise, nothing!
- Be kinder
- Be positive
- Maintain our veggie garden Make time to hang out with my friends
- Stop swearing
- Finish the granny square blanket I started for Piper
- Finish Piper's room re-do
- Have more date nights with the Man of the House
- Work out what I want to do with this blog - I love my blog & blogging, but sometimes I have those, 'what am I doing telling the world all of this stuff for?' kind of moments. Don't worry, I'll work this one out off screen!
- Only publish my best photos - I love taking photos. I take photos every single day. I have some good photos. But I find when I'm short of time & trying to squeeze out a blog post I'll just slap in whatever photos I have that relate to my post - & a lot of the time they are pretty average. If I'm going to take the time to write, I'm going to take the time to take decent photos!
- Do a photography workshop - I think a one day workshop would be more achievable than a course! If you know of any good ones, please share!
- Make some clothes for me - I make a lot of clothes for the girls but nothing for me. Back in November I actually sewed the first piece of clothing for myself in probably well, I think it was the first time! It was easy & I liked it!
- Use up the fabric in my stash before buying new stuff - I hate going to Spotlight(my closest & most detested fabric store) & I don't have the patience to wait for fabric orders to arrive off Etsy(where I get my stuff if not from the op shop or Spotlight), & being on Maternity Leave I'm not bringing in an income every fortnight so it makes sense. Except for when I'm making stuff for Heath - I don't think he'd appreciate flowers & things like that when looking back at baby photos as a teenager!
- Be a better Mumma - I can always be better at this. To find more patience when it's needed, to be the calming influence when that's needed to. To get my face out of my phone when the kids are around. To just be a better me so that I can be better for them. I love more kids more than I ever thought possible, so it's only right to show them that every single day.
So there they are! Of course I have more, a whole page more! But I won't bore you with those! These are the main focus.
What are your goals for this new year?